Helpful Florida Family Law Information


When the other party does not comply with your Agreement or with an Order of the Court, you have the right to require the other party to obey the provisions of the Agreement or Order. The Court has Contempt powers to enforce payment of child support, alimony and attorneys’ fees. If found in Contempt, the other person may be sent to jail until they comply.

The Court will also determine the amount of support or fees owed; and require the other party to make payments. Contempt is also used to enforce visitation and parenting matters.

The Court will also enforce the property terms and conditions of any Agreement or Order. The Court may enforce a requirement to pay a debt, to give you property, or to sell property. In many cases, if you win a Contempt or Enforcement hearing, the Court may order the other party to reimburse you for your attorney’s fees and costs.


All aspects of Family Law including


Family Law Blog